An Organized Gal is a Happy Gal :-)

I've always been happy with my "coupon pouch" method of couponing. You know...the whole accordian check filer thingy? I've always said I didn't think I'd ever use any other method, as this worked for me. Well, I'm changin' gears! Actually, I already have. Here's what changed my mind...

Last week, I was in Wal-Mart shopping for my family and an elderly friend of ours. This was one of those crazy days when everything was taking forever to sink into my brain and I was constantly losing track....of thoughts, coupons, lists, my pen...basically I wasn't at my best. Anyway, I finally realized I had outgrown the "coupon pouch" as I was standing in the middle of the aisle digging through my coupons to see if I had a coupon on x product. Now, I'm like crazy organized when it comes to couponing. Each time I make out my shopping list, I scour the sales papers and my coupons to see what I can match up with my list. If store x has a sale on product y, I make note of it on my shopping list, notating if there is a coupon, and circle the item in the paper. I then go over my entire list and pull coupons from my coupon stash to match my list. Before I head to the store, I always make sure I have my sales papers and list folded neatly and placed in the back of my coupon pouch. So...this was not a matter of disorganized coupons. Anyway, I got so frustrated having to constantly dig for coupons - I was grumpy and frazzled - and I'd had enough. So, I promised myself that I was going to change the way I organized my coupons.

I decided to graduate up to a coupon binder! I purchased all my supplies, came home and got to work. In just a few hours' time, all my coupons were perfectly organized! I now can see every coupon I have and just when they expire. I also have a section for expiring coupons, so I'll know to use those first.

I took my coupon binder with me on my last shopping trip to Wal-Mart. At first, the greeter at the door looked at me kinda funny, but when I held up my binder and said, "these are my coupons" {note: the binder plainly says "BECKY'S COUPONS" in big bold scripty letters on the front}, he smiled and never said a word. I'm extremely happy about my new coupon organization. My only regret? I wish I had changed gears sooner!

Happy Clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment